Dr. Michael R. Jones
1209 North Main, Suite A
Chatham, Il 62629
1209 N Main St
Chatham, Il 62629
About Dr. Jones
Michael R. Jones, D.C.
I always wanted to be a doctor. While in college I was presented with all sorts of opportunities to apply to different medical schools. However, a lingering shoulder injury from college volleyball left me looking for something different, something I hadn’t tried before. A friend of mine mentioned that I should go see a chiropractor, so I figured I’d give it a try. I went to a local chiropractor who started working with my shoulder and my neck, and within a week of seeing him my shoulder started feeling much better. I continued to see him that summer for adjustments, and actually began to intern with him to learn all that I could. When I went back to school the following fall, I was fully recovered and continued to play volleyball. Now I know this is not a saving grace story, but it kept me active with volleyball and it got me hooked on chiropractic.
In 2007, I graduated from Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO with a Bachelors of Science degree in Biology. During my junior year at Lindenwood I applied to Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. I chose this school because of their prestige and recognition, not only in the healthcare field, but in the general public’s view as well. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Palmer in October 2010 and was a class representative for the Palmer Student Alumni Foundation while attending. While at Palmer I was trained in Gonstead, Diversified, Thompson and Activator techniques. I have since expanded by knowledge into pediatric care, whiplash injuries and soft tissue work such as Graston and Kinesio Taping.
I believe that everyone should be adjusted from a newborn child to an elderly grandma or grandpa. I need you to be proactive in your health care decisions, because when we work together, we get the greatest results. Your body is capable of functioning at 100% health and our daily lives (work, stress or injuries) can rob the body of allowing this to take place. When there are interruptions to these messages from your brain through your spinal cord and out to the parts of your body, your body begins a period of breakdown, and then you will begin to express symptoms. By the time you come in with a headache or pain, your body has already been in a state of breakdown for some time. My job is to help remove these interferences and allow your body to function at 100%.
I was born and raised just outside of Chicago and I have four brothers and eighteen nieces and nephews. I met my wife, Leaha, while playing college volleyball at Lindenwood. We have three amazing little girls together, Ella, Molly and Lillian. I am still very active and I train CrossFit at least five days per week. This program encompasses ten different, but very necessary fitness domains: cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy. I like to spend my free time with my wife and girls, working out, reading or just hanging out and relaxing.
I have my spine checked on a weekly basis to ensure that my body is functioning at 100% health. My extremely active lifestyle and workouts really test me so ensuring my spine is functioning properly is crucial to my success.
My diet is pretty simple; I follow the Paleo Diet. While I’m a full-on caveman with what I eat, I follow an 85/15 principle. This involves eating lean meats, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables 90% of the time, which allows the other 10% to be a fudge factor. Since I began eating this way, I’ve never felt better.
I am currently accepting new patients. Come see how chiropractic can positively affect your health. I would love to talk with you about how we can create a personalized health plan and get you on your way back to health.
Jones Chiropractic is a clinic unlike most. Our primary focus is classic Chiropractic care centered on removal of subluxations and restoration of proper nerve flow and proper joint motion utilizing specific chiropractic adjustments. What sets us apart is a knowledge base in sport, movement, mobility and functional fitness.
Doctor of Chiropractic Degree - Magna Cum Laude - 2010
CrossFit Level 1 Trainer - 2015
Former American Record Holder on Concept2 Rower
500m - 1:16.6
1000m - 2:52.1
1 min - 396m
Latest Clinic News:
Be sure to get online and check out our blog.
Here you will find posts and articles about chiropractic, sport, mobility, movement and much more. Even be on the lookout for some guest posts in their area of expertise.
We are in network with the following insurance companies:
Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Healthlink, Health Alliance, United Health Care, Coventry, Aetna and Cigna.
Don't see yours listed, shoot me an email and I'll look into it.